Monday, May 25, 2009

Books of the last Month and half or so.

YAY!!! After another week of not being able to finish any book, then spending the next three with just one a week, I managed to start a streak of two weeks of three books!

I've been plagued by work and illness most of this month, which explains why I haven't been able to keep my usual pace in book reading. And by the look of things, more work will keep me away from it (hopefully I'm over the illness.)

A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison. The fourth book in The Hollows series. I keep putting this one down and read it intermittently, the self-destructive tendencies of the protagonist is a bit off-putting. Still, maybe it'll improve... I already know where to get the 5th book in the series (though it's in hardcover and all I have are the paperbacks and I want to keep them in uniform order). Hmmm... buy it or not?

Hell to Pay by Simon R. Green. Book 7 of the Nightside series. I haven't read books 4, 5 and 6 when I read this and apparently a lot of things happened in-between (so, I know who John Taylor's mother now which was only a minor point in the first three books).

Getaway Man by Andrew Vacchs. A bit disappointing. Maybe I just prefer his Burke series.


Drinking Midnight Wine by Simon R. Green. A bit too much like the Nightside series even though it's supposed to be set in a alternate "alternate reality". Some characters mentioned in the Nightside Series appear here (Jimmy Thunder in particular) and vice-versa.

Mr. Lucky by James Swain. Finally Completed the Tony Valentine series. Seems the author is concentrating on a new series of books based on a different character; Jack Carpenter. (I haven't gotten my hands on any of these books). Hope he'll go back to Tony Valentine again (I kinda like the gambling part of the series; though I suppose you'll run out of materials soon eventually).

Black Magic Woman by Justin Gustianis. A new series from a new author (new to me, anyway). Very interesting start (paranormal investigators), hopefully I could find the next book in the series soon.


Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Have most of the Pendergast novels now (only missing the latter books).

Turn Coat by Jim Butcher. Book 11 of the Dresden Files series. I read this over the 'net. Hopefully i can get my hands on a hardcopy soon (I only have the first six books in the series, as is)

Mistress of Dragons. First book in the Dragonvald trilogy. Also a bit disappointing, not what I usually expect from Margaret Weis... too serious and not a light moment to break up the tone once in a while.

No comments: