Friday, June 6, 2008

Books of the Week II

Books read this week: 3
Titles:
Broken by Kelley Armstrong. I'm finally getting into this series. It's just that I've been reading too many books of the same genre together in such short period, I'm starting too mix mythologies between books. For example, in Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series, werewolves can't carry a pregnancy to term (they will always suffer miscarriage from the trauma inherent from changing from human to wolf) in Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld, werewolves can change even when pregnant. Other examples off the top of my head are whether lycantrophes would revert to human form when killed, even the vulnerability to silver part sometimes differ between books. And don't get me started with vampires...

Back\Slash by William H. Lovejoy. Note to self: Do not read, repeat, do not read cyber-thrillers past their year of publication. This book is 12 years old (published 1996,) and I find it difficult to maintain suspension of disbelief when I know that every state of the art and cutting edge computer technology mentioned there has been obsolete for years.

Funny Money by James Swain. Just one more book (Mr. Lucky) and I've completed the series. Woohoo! Of course, by the time I get that book, there'll probably a new book in the series and it'll probably be years again before I get my hand on that, sigh...

I also got my hands on Weirdos from Another Planet by Bill Watterson; a compilation of Calvin and Hobbes comic strips; my favorite non-online, non-local, no longer being released comic strip. (I should probably go easy on the qualifiers, some people might think it's no good.)

No comments: