Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Getting closer to a job... maybe

Yesterday was a bit more productive, job-hunting wise. I had a second interview with a law firm in Ortigas, this time to test my writing skills I think because I had to write an essay about a two topics (death penalty and chosen by the managing partner. (I had the same experience with another law firm a few weeks ago.) On top of that I had two SMS messages that scheduled two other interviews with law firms I've submitted my resumes to (unfortunately they're set on the same day, though at least on different hours and in the same area, as long as the first interview don't extend for too long I'll be able to make both.) Also, I had time to commiserate with fellow applicants in the firm I did go to, and managed to secure a few more leads in my quest for employment. I also managed to score a couple of new books in Starmall which topped off a good day. 
I was going to celebrate by treating myself again to Superbowl of China's all-you-can-eat dimsum buffet on my way home, but I got there a bit late (the promo is only available from 3 to 5 p.m. and I got there a bit past 4) and the selections were a tad depleted with no sight of being replenished, thus I decided to gorge myself elsewhere. Thus, Cabalen in SM North Edsa. Cabalen actually has an all day buffet specializing in native (particularly Pampanganese) delicacies, but its a tad expensive for my taste, fortunately they also offer a merienda buffet for Php119, the selections are a bit limited but they're good value for money (in fact cheaper than that of Superbowl of China) plus they last form 3 to 6 in the afternoon. It's not dimsum , but I contented myself to gorging on spaghetti and pancit bihon, arozcaldo (rice porridge with chicken, saffron and ginger,) lots of lumpia and a variety of ricecakes (Puto, kutsinta, biko and palitaw,) there was also ginataan and halo-halo (though ingredients were limited to saba, sago, sweet potatoes and rice krispies.) I think I tried everything but the dinuguan. (blood stew eewww...)

No comments: